Saturday 6 June 2009

Model: Major Production, Character


The first of three elements to my Major Production. I decided that to speed-up production, I modelled all three of my elements at once, then continue with each element by normal mapping and texturing then moving onto the next element.

I started modelling on my character as a warm-up. Unlike the other two elements, I've done characters before, so this felt most familiar and an excellent way to ease into the other more difficults elements later on.

This element took around 3 weeks to create. The first for modelling, second for mudbox/normal map and the last week for texturing and specular/alpha etc.

Inspired by Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, I tried to emphasise the lanky proportions and rigid angles and using normal maps create extra details such as the scar, buttons and clock designs.

Created on 3DSM.

No comments:

Post a Comment